My daughter loves pancakes and we have that for breakfast religiously. However the pancakes do not have any vegetables. An easy way to get your child to eat some vegetables in their pancakes is to add some to the pancakes. I used one vegetable, the Zucchini. I have started using a healthier flour called the spelt flour. It is supposed have some really good health benefits and plus it has 4 grams of fiber as compared to white and whole wheat flour.
Here is the recipe to the Zucchini Pancake:
Serves: 2 people, makes 4 small pancakes
- Spelt Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 tspn
- 1 egg
- Grate a quarter zuchini
- Baking powder – 1/2 tspn
- 1.2 tbspn coconut oil
- Optional: Maple Syrup
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together, add the spelt flower, salt Baking Powder and mix. Set aside.
- Beat the egg and add the zucchini to it and mix it.
- Mix the mixture in 2 with the dry ingredients in 1.
- In a non stick pan add the coconut oil and let it warm up.
- Now add the pancake batter.
- Wait until the bubbles form on the side of the pancake and then flip the pancake.
- Cook until the pancake has a golden brown color.
- Serve with some maple syrup.