One of our goals for the year has been to save save and save. An area that we thought we could do better is through making toys at home instead of buying them.
We spent most of Saturday evening making a toy Bat out of cloth.
Things you will need:
- Sewing machine or if you are not used to using one just a needle and thread.
- Scraps of cloth
- A yard of cloth
- Fold the yard of cloth into two halves
- Draw a shape of a bat on the cloth with the pen
- Cut the bat with the scissors
- If you want to place eyes or decorate the front of the bat now is the time. I glued eyes and a traingle felt shape to the front. I stitched these in toward the end of the process.
- Now place the right sides together and sew
- Leave an opening to stuff the toy
- Turn the bat so that the right sides are facing out.
- Now I did not have the stuffing from the store, so I cut some old cloth into small pieces and used that as my stuffer.
- once you have stuffed the toy, close the opening and stitch the front decorations such as the eye.
- And you have a toy that could last your child a while.