I am always looking at ways to make healthier drinks for my family. We do drink water and some low sugar juice’s. However there are times when you know you need to bulk up on those vitamins.
I have a juicer, but it is one of those old machines that can leave quite a bit of a mess after your done. I would rather not have to do that.
I put together a recipe for making juice from Beets, carrots, Banana, Kale and Parsley. I chose the ingredients, because these were things that were laying around the house and that I knew I had to use up soon or else they would go bad.
The key is to balance the nutrition aspect with the taste, texture and the look. I think I may have accomplished it.
Serving Size: For 2 people
- 2 small beets (boiled for 30 minuted, so that it softens and peeled)
- 1/2 a carrot stick (large) – cut it into small chunks
- 2 Bananas – cut into smaller pieces (i used more bananas to add the sweetness to the drink)
- Kale – A handful cut into small chunks
- Parsley – a small amount
- Half a cup of water or milk (I used water)
- Cheese cloth.
- Ice cubes. (Optional)
- Blend the above ingredients into a blender until the texture is more or less like a smoothie. You may see chunks in there.
- At this point you may choose to drink it with the chunks or you may want to make a juice out of that. My daughter wanted the juicy texture.
- Take some cheese cloth and cut it to the size of the opening of the glass that you are going to pour the blended juice into.
- Pour the blended juice into the glass through the cheese cloth.
- Squeeze the cheese cloth so that the juice can be extracted from the pulp.
- Add some Ice cubes
- Add a sprig of parsley.
- Enjoy a cool refreshing drink.
Let me know if you made the same and if it turned out alright or not.