Another snowy day and we are home since schools are closed. Given that valentines day is so close, I looked through a couple of really cool ideas for crafting with kids online. I came across a pretty cool looking valentines day gift that my daughter and I could make in a short period of time. Make sure the colors coordinate. I had a gray and yellow foam sheet lying around the house and that is why is used the combination.
It took us about 1/2 an hour to make this.
All you need for this exercise are:
- Two foam sheets of different colors ( I had yellow and gray lying around the house)
- Two wires covered in red with two beads for the Bee ears
- Eyes (you can use markers instead of what we used)
- Draw two heart designs on a piece of papers. One of them will be bigger than than the other.
- For the body: Cut two heart shapes of the bigger design .
- Glue the two pieces on top of each just like the pictures shown above.
- For the head. Cut a large heart shape and glue it to the body.
- Make the eyes and the mouth using markers or by gluing eyes that I have in the pictures.
- Take the wires and put the red beads through the wires and glue the wires at the back of the head.
- For the Wings: Cut two large hearts and two small. Glue the small one to the large heart and do the same for the second heart.
- Glue the hearts to the body of the bee.
- Write “Bee Mine” on the body of the bee with a marker.
- Your done.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Thank you.