Ever since we bought the bread maker I have been experimenting with making breads. Today’s bread turned out yummy. As you can see from the image above there is an orange which is the sweet potato and the green which are the pumpkin seeds. So here goes the recipe.
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups warm water
- active dried yeast 1 tspn
- 1/2 cup white floyr
- 2 cups whole wheat floyr
- Sunflower seeds 2 tbspn
- Flax seeds 1/2 tbspn
- 1 medium sized sweet potato microwaved for 5 minutes peeled and mashed till soft
- salt 1/2 tspn
- Mix the water, milk, yeast and salt in a bowl.
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes
- Mix the white flour and whole wheat in another bowl
- Now pour the flour in the wet mixture. Mix. Cover the mixture with a plastic wrap. Let it sit for 2 hours and let it rise. Use a bigger bowl. My dough overflowed.Lesson learned.
- After two hours. Soak the sunflower and flax seed in warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Drain the water and fold the seeds and the sweet potato in the dough.
- Let this mixture sit for two hours.
- After 2 hours turn your bread maker to the bake setting and let it bake for 1/2 an hour.
- Enjoy the bread.