I am a big proponent of what goes in your body gives you the energy and the health that you need for the day. Health is key to everyones happiness and I sure like to think about healthy recipes for me and my family, be it replacing sugar with some thing healthier or incorporating more veggies in our diet.
I put together a recipe for a healthy snack that you can have during the day in between meals. The problem was that these ended being really delicious and my daughter and I ended up eating a whole lot more than we should have.
Here are the ingredients to these utterly delicious and healthy Chia Coconut Butter Balls.
- Chia seeds 2 table spoons
- Apple Sauce – I used the kids ones that c0me prepackaged, but from a measurement standpoint I would say take about 5 table spoons of apple sauce
- Organic Peanut Butter – 3 tablespoons
- Ground Flax Seed – 1 teaspoon (Optional)
- Coconut Manna (Coconut butter) – 1 teaspoon
Mix all the ingredients together and make it so that it becomes a big ball. From the big ball make some smaller balls. Refrigerate over night and you are ready to eat the yummy healthy snack the next morning.
Mine turned out a little soggy since I added too much apple sauce.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe if there are any other recipes or crafts that you would like to see please post your comments below.